Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 7: # 16 Wikis

I am wondering if I was absent on the day you got the others in my department to perform in the "As the Wiki Turns". Outstanding performances!!! Veronica and I were missing though! :-(

I like the idea of Wikis and it's not just because the name is fun to say! I found this exercise to be very informative. I liked looking at the HCPL sandbox and reading about everyone's favorite restaurants, books, and vacation spots.

Wikis could be very useful in libraries to help customers learn what things are and lead them to broaden their horizons during searches, etc. It seems that it would be very helpful for children as well, when trying to do various projects. I think that Wikis open your mind to a world of information and it is good that they are always changing, because as we all know...nothing remains the same.

No comments: