Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 8: # 18 - Social Networking

I have to sadly admit that I do have a myspace account. When I first created it, I was addicted to it, but as time has passed, I now only look at it periodically. I thought it was a neat way to find friends from HS and College. Now, I use it to see what my Tweenaged son is up to. I can find out a lot of info that way, since he is not really a big talker! The drawback to myspace is that it can be very dangerous, especially if you put too much information about yourself and leave your profile for the public to view.

I also like LinkedIn. I have a few work contacts and would like to add more. I think it is a great way to network professionally. It is very interesting to see how we are all connected by six degrees...it proves that the world really is small.

No comments: