Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 9: # 22 - Downloadable Media

I have never looked at HCPL's downloadable media content before. I have heard about it in Branch Meetings, but I guess never really understood it. Wow! I think this is awesome. I would like to read a lot more, but feel as if I don't have the time. I could really listen to many books each week....I should have discovered this sooner. Now, I really need the ipod for Christmas!

The free sites are different for the library website because you have to register. I guess the library requires you to register but you can hear an excerpt prior to downloading to see if you are indeed interested.

The other thing I noticed about the free site is that the item may or may not be available, but nevertheless this is an awesome piece of technology!

1 comment:

Grace said...

FYI - Downloadable audio won't work with iPods unless you burn to CD and then transfer (available for some titles). Supported players are listed on the site. You can get one for under $50.